Tuesday, June 14, 2016

The Recital

This year's recital amazed me.  I was so proud of both of the girls.  Caroline had a challenging piece and I remember the first night we practiced I thought to myself, "Miss Anni wants her to play this?"  Caroline rose to the challenge and full of poise and confidence hopped up on that bench and player her heart out!

Grace was a bit nervous about her violin piece this time around. She was nervous that she might mess up and people would notice.  I tried to give a little pep talk and tell her that I do not know many 7 year olds who can play two musical instruments.  As she put her violin on her shoulder and began to play I held my breath and was astonished at how far she has come with the violin.  The sound was beautiful and her smile was even more beautiful.

This year the girls had two special guests: Aunt DG and Mrs. Van Cott.  It was a treat to spend the afternoon with them.  The girls were overjoyed with the beautiful flowers that Mrs. Van Cott brought for them.

We are taking a small break this summer and then will be be back to Asecendo to spend our Monday nights starting in the Fall.






No comments:

Post a Comment